Going to the RI Convention in Atlanta?
Plan on attending the
WASRAG World Water Summit
on Friday June 9th, 2017 - 08.30 am - 12.30 pm
This year's theme will focus on WASH and Women, showing how women
and girls are elevating their communities through water, sanitation and hygiene programs
A light breakfast at 07.30 am, kick-off at 8.30 am, the formal Summit closes at 12.30 pm.
We hope you will stay for the complimentary workshops, from 1.15 - 4.00 pm:
For a preview of the agenda, CLICK HERE
Location: Georgia World Congress Centre
Meet World Water Summit 9 opening speaker
Malawi Country Chair,
Water for People
"Motivated women will change the world through WASH"
As a child in in Malawi, Kate experienced first-hand the challenges of fetching water from a distant, often contaminated water source. Not surprisingly her university studies focused on WASH and she has dedicated her professional career to advocating for change and working to improve access to safe water.
As Country Program Director for Water for People her work has included such diverse areas as:
- Leading an initiative to pilot composting toilets;
- Conducting tests on the safety and nutritive value of compost;
- Capturing lessons learned and sharing knowledge.
World Water Summit 9 offers interaction with exceptional Rotarians working in the field.
Community Development Practitioner, Kisumu, Kenya
"Lessons learned in WASH projects"
Deurence has a deep passion for empowering rural communities, with a focus on youth and women centered approaches. She has vast knowledge and experience in coordinating, monitoring and evaluating development initiatives using a Human Rights-Based Approach to programming. One of her many projects is a rural mentorship program with underserved adolescent girls where she sources and distributes free sanitary products.
Presentations from the 2016 Summit:
- WWS8 Breakout 5 Cha DongHoon Sustainability and Climate Change
- WWS8 Breakout 5 Paul Riehemann Environmental Sustainability
- WWS8 Breakout 6 Kim Lorenz Sustainable Financing
- WWS8 Breakout 7 Lacey Stone Sustainabingo
- WWS8 Breakout 7 Jan Daniel Water Mission and Partnerships updated
- WWS8 WASH in Schools in Lebanon Jamil Mouawad
- WWS8 Sustainability of safe drinking water systems 19-5-2016
- WWS8 Third Breakout Lena Bunzenmeyer Sustainable Hygiene Education
- WWS8 Fifth Breakout Vanessa Tobin Water and Climate Change
- WWS8 First Breakout Larry Siegel Water Project Sustainability
- WWS8 First Breakout Project Sustainability Panel Presentation
- WWS8 First Keynote Vanessa Tobin CRS Sustainability Overview
- WWS8 Fourth Keynote Sanjay Wijesekera UNICEF Partnerships
- WWS8 Global Grant Project Presented by CheongJu Leaders
Thank you for attending WWS8 in Seoul!
The WWS8 Team
WASRAG Appreciates the Support of Our Major Sponsors of the World Water Summit:
The Water & Sanitation Rotarian Action Group is a group of Rotarians whose purpose is to support Rotary clubs to effectively plan, finance, implement, monitor and evaluate water, sanitation, and hygiene programs, where they are most needed, in a collaborative, cost effective, timely, and sustainable manner, true to the princples of Rotary lnternational. WASRAG operates in accordance with Rotary lnternational policy but is not an agency of, or controlled by Rotary lnternational.